I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Baby Beta

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Baby Beta

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds good.... Nothing a loop around Shade wouldn't shake out of it.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I got out on the baby Beta for some miles through Michaux this weekend. The key to this little bike is -shift early and shift often. :deal:
I rode mostly dirt and gravel, little bit of mud and very little sand.
In the (and I use the term very loosely) power band it motors right along. Tracks well on the gravel, suspension works well at speed over bumps and hole. Ergos are pretty good, it's comfortable standing, larger foot pegs would be nice. It has all the positive attributes of a lightweight bike. Seat like a plank. Front end still a bit wiggly above 50 mph on pavement- I still think it's the knobbies. I even found some open gates and also did a little bit of woods riding. Hills can be an issue and giving it gas to pop over stuff ain't really happening :lol2: I did manage to loft the front end a few times once I got the hang of it, most of the time I wasn't expecting it. In the woods it seems lighter than the Freeride, the claimed weight is about equal. :shrug:
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I wonder if you can get up hills similarly to a ttr125. The ttr gets really good traction so I just put my feet on the ground and zig zag up hills that it doesn't have the power to go up directly. I'm not sure that this would work on a full size bike.

For getting the front wheel up I have used the whack the throttle then immediately cut the power and then whack the throttle again method. This compresses the forks on the cut the power step and uses the spring from the forks to pop the front end up. I'm now aware of more trials oriented methods (standing and pushing down on the forks to get them to bounce) but my old method required no real skill. ;)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Little backyard comparisons. Just having a little fun in between downpours.Image

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

So.....which one do you like better????
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Taylor wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:17 pm So.....which one do you like better????
Oh easy. For trails and woods riding, the Freeride without a doubt. Apples to oranges (get it? :lol2: ).
For DS riding on back roads and state forest gravel roads, or fast atv trails, the red one.
For screwing around on my property, both are fun.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Neat! I'm glad the DAMN community is getting all these different bikes.

The little Beta 125 4T, another guy has an Alta electric, etc... Cool bikes
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

https://www.ktm-parts.com/AB-21153.html

:think:

I've read some stuff about the "cam chain tensioner" not fitting, should get a different one? Still researching. Might run up the the local dealer tomorrow.

If I could put the KTM Freeride motor in the Beta chassis :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost:
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I plan on breaking it in on Sunday. Image

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce