I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Best bike for 5'4" rider

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Best bike for 5'4" rider

Post by Nobody »

My coworker Sabina is looking for a bike. She needs something with a little bit higher seat than Marylander's TTR125. We checked one YZ250F today, it was too high for her.
What models would you recommend? Are there some with good off-road capabilities and low seat height or is it better to look for models that can be lowered by a couple of inches? The target seat height would probably be around 33-34".
And better not too expensive too :angel:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Best bike for 5'4" rider

Post by Bucho »

Was the TTR really close? Because she rode the “small wheels” version of the TTR. The other version has larger wheels and thus a little taller.

Yamaha also had a TTR225/230. This was basically a full sized bike but just a little bit smaller.
Honda had something really similar, a CRF230.

Kinda rare, but Gasgas used to sell something called a Pampera. It was sort of a trialsish trail bike. But had a low seat height and was pretty light weight. Very soft suspension but thats probably fine for your friend.

AJP made a slightly smaller 250 4T. SkinnyJ bought one for his woman. Decent bike but not sure the price and they are probably kinda rare to find used.

The last generation of PitsterPro chinese bikes are pretty decent quality and while you wont find them used they are shockingly cheap brand new. Id strongly consider one for my son in a few years if he really wants to ride.

Sabina should have sat on my Xtrainer. Its fairly low for a “real” dirtbike.
A cheap used KDX220 that is lowered might be a cheap alternative.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: Best bike for 5'4" rider

Post by Nobody »

I'd rather stay away from chinese bikes. Even if they're ok, it would be impossible to sell it after.
From specs TTR225/KLX250S look like the closest things to what she needs.
Thanks for PA/Frederick links too, I haven't seen those bikes on DC CL. Gotta expand the search area a bit :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride