Drtjumper Alta Review?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
drtjumper
DAMN Expert
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by drtjumper » Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm

It's not so much about your speed but more the lack of power in that map unless you go wfo on the throttle. It's great at maintaining momentum but not for accelerating and such. The great part is you can change maps on the fly.

drtjumper
DAMN Expert
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by drtjumper » Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am

Annnnnnnnnndddddd, I just ordered another MXR for my wife yesterday. Won’t be here until August but she is excited as am I. Maybe now I can do an Enduro by just switching bikes at a gas stop.

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by Rut Row » Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 am

drtjumper wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am
Annnnnnnnnndddddd, I just ordered another MXR for my wife yesterday. Won’t be here until August but she is excited as am I. Maybe now I can do an Enduro by just switching bikes at a gas stop.
she better keep an eye on her battery! it might be used as a spare someday :killingme:
Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

drtjumper
DAMN Expert
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by drtjumper » Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 am


she better keep an eye on her battery! it WILL be used as a spare someday :killingme:
Fixed that for you.... :jack:

User avatar
gots_a_sol
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 am
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by gots_a_sol » Sun May 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Took this for a quick spin at Tasker's today. It is so weird just twisting the throttle and going with no noise. Hard to judge the power without being able to listen to the engine noise/rpm. It was pretty greasy after all that rain so I only bumped it up to map 2. She scooted along pretty well and would loft the front end with ease. Power is definitely not a short coming of this bike. Map 4 has to be insane.

Chassis/suspension felt pretty good. Brakes worked well. Lots of engine braking which I didn't care for. I imagine that can be tuned? Does it have regen when engine braking?

You can hear every little noise the bike makes. Even down to the knobs gripping or slipping. Crazy.
-Joe

'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177

User avatar
stretchride
DAMN Expert
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by stretchride » Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am

gots_a_sol wrote:Took this for a quick spin at Tasker's today. It is so weird just twisting the throttle and going with no noise. Hard to judge the power without being able to listen to the engine noise/rpm. It was pretty greasy after all that rain so I only bumped it up to map 2. She scooted along pretty well and would loft the front end with ease. Power is definitely not a short coming of this bike. Map 4 has to be insane.

Chassis/suspension felt pretty good. Brakes worked well. Lots of engine braking which I didn't care for. I imagine that can be tuned? Does it have regen when engine braking?

You can hear every little noise the bike makes. Even down to the knobs gripping or slipping. Crazy.
I had a similar problem with a lack of motor noise back in the day. I think the answer back then still would work today:
Image

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

_________________________
StretchRide
04 KTM 450 EXC-G Racing
06 Honda XR650L

drtjumper
DAMN Expert
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Drtjumper Alta Review?

Post by drtjumper » Mon May 21, 2018 5:07 pm

stretchride wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am
gots_a_sol wrote:Took this for a quick spin at Tasker's today. It is so weird just twisting the throttle and going with no noise. Hard to judge the power without being able to listen to the engine noise/rpm. It was pretty greasy after all that rain so I only bumped it up to map 2. She scooted along pretty well and would loft the front end with ease. Power is definitely not a short coming of this bike. Map 4 has to be insane.

Chassis/suspension felt pretty good. Brakes worked well. Lots of engine braking which I didn't care for. I imagine that can be tuned? Does it have regen when engine braking?

You can hear every little noise the bike makes. Even down to the knobs gripping or slipping. Crazy.
I had a similar problem with a lack of motor noise back in the day. I think the answer back then still would work today:
Image

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeah it has regen in Map 1 and 2. The engine braking is the most on one, a bit less on 2, not much in 3 and non existent really in 4 (just typical brushless motor drag.) Like I told you Sunday Map 4 is fucking crazy. I love it! Haha but it doesn’t last for shit in that map. The Maps work as follows 1=super tame and linear 2 very punchy off bottom and tuned down a bit on top, 3 is soft on bottom hits hard up too, Map 4 doesn’t move you forwards, it rotates the earth backwards instead. I guess 150lbft to the rear wheel will do that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests