I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Things to do Winchester, Cumberland and around.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Things to do Winchester, Cumberland and around.

Post by Nobody »

Hey, guys!

We're thinking to use our days off after Joker's camp'n'ride (until May1st) with friends. Like book a house somewhere in the woods or smth and go around to see something.

One option we're thinking about is a house near Reynolds Store, VA. Is there anything interesting around? Like within 1h drive or so. If there's something worth it, could drive more.
Like cool places - waterfalls, something blooming right now, animals (preferably in wild), great terrain with scenic views, other tourist attractions. Also a good places to eat :cheers:

Do you have something in mind?
Every day is a good day when you ride
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Things to do Winchester, Cumberland and around.

Post by Wingfixer »

I live about 200 feet from Reynolds store...I have a cube to finish, an rx8 engine to build, a Cessna 150 to put together... and if you get those done there's always wood that needs splitting! :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'm getting a coronary calcium scan today in winchester. That seems pretty exciting... :lol2:
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Not sure where Reynolds Store is but there is Deep Creek Lake not to far from where the ride is... I think. All kinds of touristy stuff out here. Wisp Ski resort has a mountain coaster and a zip line course that's OK. http://www.wispresort.com/
Not for from Wisp is a nice little brewery/restaurant. http://mountainstatebrewing.com/
Of course they rent boats and PWC's all around the lake. if you want to stay on or near the lake it can be $$$. search Deep Creek rentals by owner.
Might be some caverns in the area. https://deepcreek.com/things-to-do/.
If you like MX riding there are some tracks in the area also.
water falls and hiking @ Swallow Falls...
Last edited by Damage Inc. on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

whitewater rafting on the Class 5 Upper Yough over in Garrett Co
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You guys both know you're sending him a couple hours west of winchester, right?

Yanis, if it's touristy stuff your looking for there are the hot springs in Berkeley springs (hence the name of the town) along with George Washington's bath tub, very anti climatic. There is also old town Winchester to explore. The George Washington hotel is very cool and right in old town. Give me a call and I can make more recommendations.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 am You guys both know you're sending him a couple hours west of winchester, right?
he said cool places, so yea. :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Apple blossom festival is this weekend in Winchester. How could you guys forget that!
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Taylor wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 am Apple blossom festival is this weekend in Winchester. How could you guys forget that!
I try to block that festival experience out, after living here. But yeah, if you've never been then it's a good box to check.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:07 am I live about 200 feet from Reynolds store...I have a cube to finish, an rx8 engine to build, a Cessna 150 to put together... and if you get those done there's always wood that needs splitting! :lol2:
I can probably throw a rock from my house and hit you.

Bath House brewery in Berkeley Springs. Earth Dog Cafe in Berkeley Springs. Tons of gravel road exploring in the area. Turkey hunting in Sleepy Creek. Overlook at the Cacapon State Park and trap shooting too. The Cove isn't far from Reynold's Store. I live right by Unger's Store so there's my little loop to ride, or clean out my storage trailer or shed.

I'll personally avoid Winchester at all costs this weekend due to the festival.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R