Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
User avatar
Nobody
DAMN Expert
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Nobody » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:58 pm
Nobody wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:22 pm
We have strange relations and there are no fights over money between us :lol2:
you learn early that all money is hers? :angel:
Well, if I have enough for a dirt bike and for a daily beer dose, I'm fine :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride

User avatar
Skinny-J
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Skinny-J » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am

Nobody wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:34 am
Well, thanks. But I haven't had much luck selling the DRZ yet, so it's postponed for now ;)
I don't think you fully understand how it works here in US of A. Step one in selling any bike is to first buy the new one. Step two is telling your wife you are selling the first one once you know the new one is going to work out. Step three is to keep them both.

:angel:

Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Damage Inc. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:31 am

I went from a 2002 DRZ to a 2001 300exc. I know it's not a four stroke but with the right power valve tuning you can still lug up hills and through rock gardens etc. The only down side is no easy way to get a street tag and premix. I loved the DRZ for what it was and hated it for what it wasn't.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r

User avatar
Nobody
DAMN Expert
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Nobody » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:41 am

Skinny-J wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am
Nobody wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:34 am
Well, thanks. But I haven't had much luck selling the DRZ yet, so it's postponed for now ;)
I don't think you fully understand how it works here in US of A. Step one in selling any bike is to first buy the new one. Step two is telling your wife you are selling the first one once you know the new one is going to work out. Step three is to keep them both.

:angel:
I was thinking about that. But only if my son starts to ride. Otherwise no, I don't have really a place to store it and don't want to have a burden if I don't really need 2 bikes.
Every day is a good day when you ride

User avatar
Nobody
DAMN Expert
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Nobody » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:43 am

Damage Inc. wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:31 am
I went from a 2002 DRZ to a 2001 300exc. I know it's not a four stroke but with the right power valve tuning you can still lug up hills and through rock gardens etc. The only down side is no easy way to get a street tag and premix. I loved the DRZ for what it was and hated it for what it wasn't.
I have a 300cc 2T in Latvia. I like it pretty much, but if I buy a new bike, I'll go for a 4T. I've never had a real 4T enduro bike and need a comparison :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride

User avatar
J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by J&J » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Skinny-J wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am
Step three is to keep them both.
And... try to keep them all the same color & not all in the same place at the same time :angel:


:hi5:

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3265
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Wingfixer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Skinny-J wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am
Nobody wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:34 am
Well, thanks. But I haven't had much luck selling the DRZ yet, so it's postponed for now ;)
I don't think you fully understand how it works here in US of A. Step one in selling any bike is to first buy the new one. Step two is telling your wife you are selling the first one once you know the new one is going to work out. Step three is to keep them both.

:angel:
This man knows his shit!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3265
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Wingfixer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:10 pm

J&J wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:29 pm
Skinny-J wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am
Step three is to keep them both.
And... try to keep them all the same color & not all in the same place at the same time :angel:


:hi5:
This strategy worked for almost 2 years when I bought the wr!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Rut Row » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Nobody wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:43 am
I have a 300cc 2T in Latvia.
you need to find loaners for when we come over for your big DS ride.
Ken
2019 Mystery Bike; EM Escape? Harley Road King? :shrug:
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2011 KTM 450 Xc-W Six Days (plated)
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
Nobody
DAMN Expert
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Janis (Nobody) find a new bike

Post by Nobody » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm
Nobody wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:43 am
I have a 300cc 2T in Latvia.
you need to find loaners for when we come over for your big DS ride.
Would love that. :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests