I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

mapping and navigation for dummies

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: mapping and navigation for dummies

Post by Firebolter »

Once you get used to it, you'll like it. Now that I have been out to Colorado 6 times, it is really nice seeing all of my previous rides and waypoints on my GPS when I am riding around. Makes exploring so much less intimidating as I "know" where I am and just take what ever trail I want. It's always nice to have a waypoint from where you started a ride from. If you get separated from the group, easy to find your way home or if you want to depart the group and just go your own way.

I just bought a Voyager pro for the 500. So far I like it. Really easy to use and lots of useful user defined gauges. I installed all of the sensors for wheel speed, power, engine temp and rpm. Nice crisp color display with big numbers I can see without my DAMN readers!
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

the voyager pro is badazz. Was looking at that, anyone who has one in your group you can tag them and see it on your screen.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

aai wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:11 pm anyone who has one in your group you can tag them and see it on your screen.
Yeah, that's a nice feature, but I just wanted the gauges and maps. It even has a media page and you can bluetooth to your phone for calls, music and stuff. Don't really care about that, but seeing heading, engine temp and maps all on one page is really sweet. I like how you load everything on the MicroSD card and it is there including updates to firmware. Just load stuff to the card and go. No needing the laptop. It even has the owners manual in it so you can find info if you need something. Cool feature.
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

yeah I was looking at that, they have the appropriate harnesses for ktm/husky for plug n play. Caught your post on the speed sensor for the brembo. Unfortunately the Magura bracket doesn't have the same amount of space. Still looking into it though. Definitely on my upgrade list later this year. Mostly for the engine telemetry stuff instead of oem idiot lights
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F