I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route

Post by J&J »

Or since we would have maps we could break it up into sections. Maybe some day rides on the part near home...
Just throwing some ideas out :shrug:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I suspect a good number of us have all done the parts near home a few times. I'm betting this would be more fun as a multi-day trip with evening libations and tall tales told around a proverbial (or real) camp fire.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

it may be best done in two 3-day trips - northern 1/2 and then southern 1/2
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Hey guys!!

The routes are available for the Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route download along with some other good information. I tried to add the .GPX files to the GPS section of our site but it stated the file was too big. It wouldn't it let me add the converted KML or a zipped compressed version either due to the file name? You can download the .gpx via the below link or send me a message with your email and I will send you the file I downloaded.

Here is the link:
http://ridebdr.com/MABDR

Let's plan something?
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I pulled down a copy too and it looks like two three day weekends to me. A north section and a south. now to find a good weekend.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Second or Third weekend in June or any weekend in Aug is looking good for me?
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Glenduro wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 pm Second or Third weekend in June or any weekend in Aug is looking good for me?
Based on past efforts, it may be wise to wait until the racing and DS schedules come out.
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I was sort of thinking about more of a spring or fall ride. But don't let me stop anyone from planning anything else. I think this could merit multiple trips.

Depends on my schedule, but was thinking about doing a middle of the week trip. Maybe I could get a few takers from the guys w/ odd work schedules.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:43 pm I was sort of thinking about more of a spring or fall ride. But don't let me stop anyone from planning anything else. I think this could merit multiple trips.

Depends on my schedule, but was thinking about doing a middle of the week trip. Maybe I could get a few takers from the guys w/ odd work schedules.
I like this idea. you guys go scope it out! :thumbup:
Ken
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

I'm game for either! Someone throw some dates out and let's check the Calendars? I would like to get something on the calendar before my year fills up.

What do you guys prefer, camping or hoteling? I'm also ok either way just wondering what the preferred method of recouping is among other riders?
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L