I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

UFO tail light crap

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

UFO tail light crap

Post by Laoch »

I bought this----:>

Because the tail light on my DRZ was broken and boogered together. It looked like it would work and others had mounted it.
Well, what a POS.

My reply to the vendor when they asked for it..
My feedback and review as posted---- "Total POS. Waste of money. It was literally falling apart out of the bag. It was wired wrong from factory and I still can't get signals to work. I have to totally take it apart rewire it and modify the bulbs. Plastic crap, not worth half of what I paid for it."

More- One turn signal lens was off while still in the plastic, the other fell off along with the retainer clip when removed from plastic. Mounting was not too difficult, it really is a universal part. Left signal would work, right signal never worked, but caused the main fuse to continually blow. The signals were also wired backwards of what the instructions indicated. Both signals are not connected at this time, which really defeats the purpose of me buying this product. The tail light and stop light wires were also reversed. I had to take it apart to correct. Also the connectors are simple slip ons, that are not even crimped. I had to solder them to ensure they would not vibrate off. The product is mounted because I have a trip planned and I had no choice (thanks to slooow shipping). I am quite disappointed, this in an inferior product. It looks like it was put together by a 12 year old in China. For the price I expected much better.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: UFO tail light crap

Post by Rut Row »

ugh, and you still gave it 5-stars? :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You shoulda asked here first. I coulda told you that and then given you one of the three, or four, tail lights setups I have laying around. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:16 am You shoulda asked here first. I coulda told you that and then given you one of the three, or four, tail lights setups I have laying around. :deal:
I still need one. :deal:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'll dig one up fer ya.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.