I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

In honor of Killdozer

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

In honor of Killdozer

Post by OneFaller »

June 4th, 2017 marked the 13th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby Colorado.

Sit down, kids, and let me tell you a tale... A tale of a reasonable man driven to do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer was a man who owned a muffler shop in Granby Colorado. The city council ordained to approve the construction of a concrete factory in the lot across from Marvin's shop. In the process, this blocked the only access road to the muffler shop. Marvin petitioned to stop the construction to no avail. Petitioned to construct a new access road, and even bought the heavy machinery to do so himself. Denied.

The concrete factory went up in disregard to the ramifications on Marvin's business. To add insult to injury, the factory construction disconnected the muffler shop from the city sewage lines. An indifferent city government then chose to fine Marvin for this.

His business and livelihood were in ruin. Rather than lie down and die, Marvin chose to fight back. Over the course of a year and a half Marvin secretly outfitted the bulldozer he bought to save his business with three-foot thick steel and concrete armor, camera systems guarded with bulletproof glass.

On June 4th, 2004 Marvin Heemeyer lowered the armored shell over top of himself, entombing himself inside the Killdozer to make his last stand.

He burst forth from the walls of his muffler shop and straight into the concrete factory that ruined his business. Over the course of the next several hours, Marvin drove his Killdozer through 13 buildings owned by those officials that had wronged him, including the city council building itself.

Swat teams swarmed the dozer, but it proved immune to small arms fire and even explosives. Another piece of heavy machinery was even brought out to fight the Killdozer, but it, too, fell to the dozer's righteous fury.

In the end, Marvin's Killdozer became trapped in one of the buildings it was built to destroy. Marvin chose to take his life -- the only life he took that day.

Today we celebrate Killdozer day and Marvin Heemeyer, the last great American folk hero. A man driven to the brink who chose to fight back against an indifferent system.

From notes left behind after his passing:
"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."
Disaster Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: In honor of Killdozer

Post by Bucho »

Interesting. I had never heard of that before.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

A man can only be pushed so far and then Killdozer time. I can relate.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Startled to see this. However totally in agreement with Marvin and the tone of the thread. Poor guy,he deserved better.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Every day is a good day when you ride