I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Travel to Canada

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Travel to Canada

Post by Rut Row »

has anyone traveled to Canada recently using one of Maryland's new Enhanced Drivers Licenses? I have been told I don't need a passport but can't verify that on a Canadian Government site.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Travel to Canada

Post by juddspaintballs »

WV has had the enhanced license for a while. As far as I've heard or researched, I still need my passport. I'm going up there later this month. I can ask the border guys if I need to for you to find out.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

They confiscate your passport again Ken? :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:20 am They confiscate your passport again Ken? :lol2:
:angel:

quiet -- Not everything needs to be discussed publicly :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 pm WV has had the enhanced license for a while. As far as I've heard or researched, I still need my passport. I'm going up there later this month. I can ask the border guys if I need to for you to find out.
DHS says we can get back into the US by car with the new enhanced license. The travel sites say we can enter Canada with just a drivers license. I've always had a passport and the Canadians border people always asked for it--perhaps because they knew we couldn't get back without it. But now with the new license, I don't think we need a passport to drive.
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kinda funny story- my Mother is a permanent resident alien, green card and all- but never had a driver's' license. She does have a passport from the UK.
Years back (pre-911) we went to Niagara Falls and of course went to the Canuck side. Well, we all had driver's licenses to prove residency, but not dear auld Mum :lol2: The US BP was going to hold her and not let her back in, Dad thought it was funny and told her to call when she had it figured out. The BP finally let her in, probably because she was giving them an earful. I was really hoping they would send her ass back to the UK.

I remember traveling on just my active duty ID. Ahhh, the good old days.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:53 amI was really hoping they would send her ass back to the UK.
what a terrible thing to say about your Mum! :lol2:
Ken