I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

ST mountain biking

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

ST mountain biking

Post by Laoch » Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 am

I did a little ST on the mtn bike the other day and holy crap what a work out.
Mud, rocks, roots, deep mud, rocks, roots, and hills. Good cross training :deal:
Lot of similarities with moto riding.

All I really learned was- I think I need a new mtn bike and to carry more water.
Bruce

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: ST mountain biking

Post by Rut Row » Mon May 29, 2017 7:59 am

I'd need an EMT to ride along :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson » Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm

dirtygrunt wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 am
Mud, rocks, roots, deep mud, rocks, roots, and hills. Good cross training :deal:

All I really learned was- I think I need a new mtn bike and to carry more water.
Where did you ride? I do a lot of mountain biking since that is the easiest way to get my ST fix. A newer full suspension bike goes a long way. The mountain bikes have really come pretty far in the last 10 years.

I mainly ride up at the Frederick Water shed. It is a great workout.

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird » Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 pm

If you're an OFG (Old Fat Guy) like me a Bosch eMTB makes it MUCH easier :loveit:
Unfortunately it doesn't help with the FEAR FACTOR of riding all the extreme technical stuff that the guys I ride with like! :shrug:
I walk some of it (even though I might be able to do it) because the consequences of failure are HIGH!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch » Tue May 30, 2017 4:28 pm

BigBird wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 pm
If you're an OFG (Old Fat Guy) like me a Bosch eMTB makes it MUCH easier :loveit:
Unfortunately it doesn't help with the FEAR FACTOR of riding all the extreme technical stuff that the guys I ride with like! :shrug:
I walk some of it (even though I might be able to do it) because the consequences of failure are HIGH!
Crazy electric MTBs :lol2:
I had to walk a little, but my MTB weighs less than my FR so picking it up was easier.
Bruce

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch » Tue May 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Stinson wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm
dirtygrunt wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 am

Where did you ride? I do a lot of mountain biking since that is the easiest way to get my ST fix. A newer full suspension bike goes a long way. The mountain bikes have really come pretty far in the last 10 years.

I mainly ride up at the Frederick Water shed. It is a great workout.
We were camping at Pinchot SP in PA. Suspension and brakes would be nice. My MTB is about......12 years old :shrug: Forks have some springs, but that's it.
Bruce

anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy » Tue May 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Been considering a fatbike for awhile now. Riding on the road has become.......ahhhh................well let's just say less friendly than it used to be. I prefer it to off road cycling (knees) but adverse to becoming some drunken anal portal's F350 hood ornament even more.