I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Anyone know anyone to run Dirt/Flat track events?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Anyone know anyone to run Dirt/Flat track events?

Post by kevvyd »

I just returned from a weekend riding camp held at the Delaware State Fairgrounds.
During the clinic it was made known to me that the equine business at the Quillen Arena has been waning in the past few years and that the property management group is very very receptive to someone with motorsports promotion experience. (and $$) To run a dirt/flat track event(s)/series.
It is said that the property group is willing to modify the arena and install proper boards, k-rail,haybales, tire barriers, etc...per usual dirt track design.

I am in no way a shareholder or involved with any of this. So my solicitation is purely in the interest of an opportunity to grow some local motorcycle racing. I put this out on this forum because many of us are racers, and have a broad reach in the people we know and kinds of motorcycling we are into.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in an opportunity like this. Please send me a message.

Thanks,
Kevin Diamond
EC, MD
'19 350 EXC-F
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Anyone know anyone to run Dirt/Flat track events?

Post by Skinny-J »

I can't help with the racing promotion but how did you like Supercamp? Was Chris Carr there too, he is amazing? I need to go back again to re-learn everything I am sure I have forgotten....
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Need to speak with Richard Riley of Fredericktown Yamaha. He is the promoter of the Barbara Fritchie Classic, and knows the promotions group for the other area flat track races. He has said in the past that they are always looking for new venues. If you can provide some contact information, I will be talking to him in the next few weeks to start the Barbara Fritchie planning.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Post by kevvyd »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:13 pm I can't help with the racing promotion but how did you like Supercamp? Was Chris Carr there too, he is amazing? I need to go back again to re-learn everything I am sure I have forgotten....
Supercamp was great. A lot of great instruction, and mega fun! Chris Carr was not there. But a younger pro Moto America SS 1000 racer by the name of Cameron Peterson, son of moto-legend Rob Peterson was there, and man did he put on a show! Unfortunately 2 things I found out. I should have signed up for the "regular" group, rather than the "racer" group. and 2--my skills are terrible! Maybe about 6 more camps and I might be just OK. LOL
'19 350 EXC-F
kevvyd
DAMN Expert

Post by kevvyd »

jgreene wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 pm Need to speak with Richard Riley of Fredericktown Yamaha. He is the promoter of the Barbara Fritchie Classic, and knows the promotions group for the other area flat track races. He has said in the past that they are always looking for new venues. If you can provide some contact information, I will be talking to him in the next few weeks to start the Barbara Fritchie planning.
I am sending you a PM. Thanks!
'19 350 EXC-F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

kevvyd wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 pm I should have signed up for the "regular" group, rather than the "racer" group. and 2--my skills are terrible! Maybe about 6 more camps and I might be just OK. LOL
I did the school 3x and was grateful to finally make improvement on the third try. Gave up after that. You can only polish a turd so much :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

kevvyd wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 pm Maybe about 6 more camps and I might be just OK.
Hi. My name's Skip, and I'm a Supercamp Addict. I've been to 5 or 6 of them, and I'm finally using the stuff I've learned. I went into a turn in one of the VCHSS races what I thought was *way* hot; however, instead of panicking as I normally would, I squeezed the rear brake, leaned it over, looked through the turn and rolled on. I came out of the turn like a fooking rocket, and it was one of the most awesome feelings I've ever had on a dirt bike.
I crashed shortly afterward, but that's not the point... :~)

I'm probably going back in the fall.
Disaster Racing