I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tires Tires Tires

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Tires Tires Tires

Post by Rut Row »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 pmUnless he changed that tire since the last Granville's ride, WF had nearly worn that one down to the cords. Most folks change tires before they get that worn down :lol2:
WF is definitely not normal :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 am
beejaytee wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 am Talk to wingfixer about no flats with tubliss Image
there should be a disclaimer here. IIRC, Wingfixer is a certified tire tester. He is a master of getting flats either riding, or whilst changing tires. :hi5:

You can still get flats, just no "pinch flats"

I'm hoping to have a tublis and 505 cheater installed on the rear for Mt Ridge. Looking forward to trying it!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

beejaytee wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 am Talk to wingfixer about no flats with tubliss Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my (partial) defense, that was Joker's handy work! :lol2: Yes, I was on the trail about 10 minutes after that picture was taken, I had to get dressed too though. :deal: With that repair the rear received its ninth, tenth and eleventh sticky rope. The rear had also lost its ability to turn so I had to admit it was finally worn out (even though it was still holding air when I removed it). I did get 1000+ miles of some pretty harsh riding out of it and I just got done replacing it with another Equilibrium. I also replaced the front with one of those Goldentyre things. The hole, while holding air, was substantial enough I was afraid the plug(s) would fall out.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

I'm running the Goldentyre 216aa fatty front, which is the only one I will run as long as I can get them.
On the rear I'm running the goldentyre 523KX which is a gummy tire but the non fim version with better lug spacing and taller lugs, so it picks up where the shorter lug 523x leaves off.. it works amazingly well on everything I have ridden from rocky, rooty stuff, to flat grass, hard pack and mud.. I bought a spare almost immediately and will probably grab another soon.. the feel is amazing on this thing. I've felt other rears where all or nothing without much feedback before breaking loose .. this thing inspires a whole lot of confidence
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

The ole tire thread :cheers:

I was doing a little riding yesterday on my KTM on some steep ass hills and realized it was time for a rear tire.
Sliding down and spinning up was not working.
I still have the stock Maxxis rear which is a good tire and still has life in it, but not for loose terrain and hills.
Based on my interwebs research I ordered a shinko 505. I hope to get it installed and make it out this coming weekend.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Steep hills...never. Best not to bring a knife to a gun fight.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I like the shinko 505 with low pressure, give it top marks!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 pm Steep hills...never. Best not to bring a knife to a gun fight.
:lol2: My rear never hooked up going down, all the loose leaves, etc. :shrug: I At least I didn't go over the bars. I need more practice.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You done great....thanks for the help.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »