I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tires Tires Tires

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Tires Tires Tires

Post by Todd34 »

I've been running the Motoz Tractionator I/T. They were on the bike when I bought it. The rear isn't too bad but it's loud on the road. I'm not sure if I like the front yet. I'm definitely going to try that Shinko cheater rear when I head out to Colorado this summer.
KTM 500 EXC
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

Oh and I've ordered a set of Tubliss as well. Low pressure and no pinch flats sounds amazing.
KTM 500 EXC
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Talk to wingfixer about no flats with tubliss Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

beejaytee wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 am Talk to wingfixer about no flats with tubliss Image
there should be a disclaimer here. IIRC, Wingfixer is a certified tire tester. He is a master of getting flats either riding, or whilst changing tires. :hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I think the bib inserts would serve him better. I run the Michelin ultra heavy tubes. They are very thick & heavy but I'm pretty sure that's not what slows me down :lol2:
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

beejaytee wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 am Talk to wingfixer about no flats with tubliss Image
Ha! Good point.
KTM 500 EXC
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Yea you can still get flats with Tubliss, but the bonus is A) the tire doesn't fall off the wheel and B) You can usually patch/plug the tire and air it back up.

Unless he changed that tire since the last Granville's ride, WF had nearly worn that one down to the cords. Most folks change tires before they get that worn down :lol2:

I'm thinking about pulling the a trigger on a set of the Nuetech Mousse's. The sizes I need never seem to both be in stock though.
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

He was able to plug and fill both in 5 minutes which is the biggest benefit of tubliss in my eyes.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

That's one hell of a benefit. I like the idea of running lower pressure as well.
KTM 500 EXC
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I've been able to get away with as low as 6 lbs in the rear and 8 up front with HD tubes. I can't afford $200 for tubliss when I haven't had a flat in years. I know, I know... famous last words.

2012 Ktm 500xcw