I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DualSport/Adventure Boots?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

DualSport/Adventure Boots?

Post by Bucho »

Just throwing a question out to the group.

A good friend of mine (actually the guy who got me into motorcycles back when we were about 20), is looking for motorcycle gear. He was asking me about boots in particular.
My buddy (Adam is his name) has only ever had street bikes and hasnt really had a bike forthe last 8 or so years. The same good friend who gave me an amazing deal on his Xtrainer gave Adam an even better deal on a Honda CRF250L.

Now my friend has no interest in doing any real offroading. However, he wanted to use it for some backroad/dirtroad and very light dualsporting. Now for this type of riding I have a pair of Aerostich CombatTouring boots. These are lighter weight than my "full on offroad" boots, and more comfortable to walk around in a little.

I know some guys always wear full offroad/mx boots everytime they ride even if its more of a street dualsport ride. They feel the extra protection is more than worth it. Even if the boots can be a little bulky and terrible for walking around in.

Thoughts of the group for what I should suggest or steer my buddy towards? (Please dont suggest a pair of $500 boots)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Re: DualSport/Adventure Boots?

Post by anotherguy »

'stich Combat Touring is the boot for that. Not a bad street boot either.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The gaerne adventure boots seem to be the most popular for that sort of thing. As I'm a forma fan I would say check out their adventure boots, particularly if he's got wide feet.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Marylander wrote:The gaerne adventure boots seem to be the most popular for that sort of thing. As I'm a forma fan I would say check out their adventure boots, particularly if he's got wide feet.
foot size is an excellent point. I have narrow feet and find the Italian made boots fit better such as Sidis
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Marylander wrote:The gaerne adventure boots seem to be the most popular for that sort of thing. As I'm a forma fan I would say check out their adventure boots, particularly if he's got wide feet.
Yup. I've been wearing these for years, although I'm sure I didn't pay that much. Or maybe I have a different version that has been discontinued?

http://gaerneusa.com/shop/street/g-adventure/
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Kyler wrote:
foot size is an excellent point. I have narrow feet and find the Italian made boots fit better such as Sidis
Gaerne and Forma are both Italian made too but, for whatever reason, they don't make narrow boots like Sidi. I can't handle the width of the Sidis at all unless I go up 2 whole sizes (wide flat feet here).
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Gaerne Balance Oiled Boots, they're like waterproof slippers.
brrrnt
DAMN n00b

Post by brrrnt »

Longboardr wrote:Gaerne Balance Oiled Boots, they're like waterproof slippers.
Alpine star trials boots are comfy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W

If you don't wreck once a day, you didn't ride hard enough!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: RE: Re: DualSport/Adventure Boots?

Post by phoo »

I got a bunch of recommendations for these and ordered some online at a decent price. They arrived last night and are amazing. Odd that they don't have a "shifter toe" patch, but very nice and comfy. Not so great for a sport tourer (but not terrible) but I absolutely can't wait to get them dirty!

Patrick

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: RE: Re: DualSport/Adventure Boots?

Post by Boom Boom »

phoo wrote:
I got a bunch of recommendations for these and ordered some online at a decent price. They arrived last night and are amazing. Odd that they don't have a "shifter toe" patch, but very nice and comfy. Not so great for a sport tourer (but not terrible) but I absolutely can't wait to get them dirty!

Patrick

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Shifter patch??? I didn't know trials bikes had gears to shift.
Enjoy the boots, I wear mine all the time. Also have the Alpine Star trials boots as my option "B" boots.
Gaerne are easier to walk in over the Alpine but Alpine has better arch support.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr