I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Connie turned 100!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Connie turned 100!

Post by Skinny-J »

Thought I would share this milestone. I first met Connie in 2002; she was a 4 year old beauty that had only ever known one other man in her life. My interest in her arose from an earlier trip to Colorado where I “rented” one of her “sisters” and rode her hard all over the Rocky Mountains. Upon returning home I was ready for more of a real commitment, never realizing our new relationship would last for another 14 years…

In the early years Connie and I quickly formed a strong bond riding all over the east coast with new friends made in the Concours Owners Group. With the addition of my wife, Connie took us west to great places like the Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier and Seattle for some of the most memorable ménage-a-trois. You haven’t truly lived until you cross Rabbit Pass in a raging snow storm with your wife on the back…

Then there were the dark days; a car backing out of a driveway and perpendicular across the road on a blind turn. High-sides are not fun but with enough money anything can be put back together.

For the last ump-teen years Connie has been relegated to commuter status being one of a half dozen bikes in the garage; but ironically that makes her the one I still ride the most. There have been a few 10 degree days in the winter when I question “why” but I guess I am too stubborn to take the truck; I won’t quit until Connie does!

Proof of Life Shots:
99997.5:

The Old Girl:

SJ
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Connie turned 100!

Post by Boom Boom »

Very impressive....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Very nice! I had a green 97 connie that I parted out when I hit 60-65k miles (worth more as parts than as a whole bike). I still have the gas tank and some misc bits sitting on a shelf in the garage... One of these days I'll hang on to a bike long enough to see 100k on the odo (current goal is to do this with my cbr1krr).
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

80mph! That's ballsy dude! Nice work, I got done catching up to do!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:
Brand new again!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

NICE write up J!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

reset the trip meter and sell it as new
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice. I always liked my old beater Connie.

On a similar note, I found a spare oil filter for a ZG1000. I'll give it to you next time I see you.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Gotta love some Concours long life. My c14 won't roll over, but with a good trip, she'll see 100k before the end of this year.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

thetable wrote:Gotta love some Concours long life. My c14 won't roll over, but with a good trip, she'll see 100k before the end of this year.
The new fangled, fully electronic, setups are nice but I miss some of the aspects of analog stuff, like the numbers gradually turning over. Also, you can't look at a parked bike and see how much the guy has been riding it (or not). I think I've also still got the gauges from my connie.