I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

the Big Al trade?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: the Big Al trade?

Post by Rut Row »

He lives! Welcome back Al! :hug:

I imagine the worst part is Zina wants the household items unpacked first and if I know you, you want the shop unpack first. :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Thanks Mike & Ken!

I have to admit -- we scored a sweet crib in a nice 'hood, sheerly out of dumb luck. It's not like we researched anything. We literally bought the first house we looked at, it just fit.

The weather is freakish (according to actual CA residents, not some carpetbagger like me) this month - I found frost one morning and ice the next last week -- the locals were really crying from the cold -- and this week it's supposed to be in the high '70s, equally uncharacteristic.

A good friend of mine and I were discussing why I was so against moving. I said I'd hate to think I was resistant to change. He said he thought I was resistant to packing. He was right. Now I'm apparently resistant to unpacking.

a
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

This should make you feel better. Oakland, MD weather:

Today
Jan 14

Snow Shower

24°
14°

50%

24°F

Thu
Jan 15

Snow Shower

14°

50%

14°F

Fri
Jan 16

Partly Cloudy

10%

7°F
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

That's good snowboarding weather, and you're what, 15 minutes from Wisp? I'd have the season pass fired up.

But, you're right, DC gray, slushy winters are sub-optimal, and the salt kills cars. :smoking:

Check out what I'm looking at as a plaything (thanks to the lack of salt):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/988835377.html
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hard to believe it is only $3,850!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris