I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Aprilia RVX 450

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Aprilia RVX 450

Post by Granville »

Does anyone dual-sport an Aprilia RVX450. If so I am curious how you like it? I think it would be ideal for much of the riding many of the people in this forum do.

My son and I had an opportunity to test ride one on the trails for a friend that was writing an article for one of the riding magazines. The Aprilia 450 has a fuel inject V-Twin that puts out over 50-HP, stock. The bike sat kind of high, but it was very well balanced. Gearing was tall and the RPMs would rev like a 2-stroke. That combination made it too intoxication for the tight stuff.

My son rode it back to camp. The last 300-yards is pretty much all up hill.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/ ... prilia.flv
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Aprilia RVX 450

Post by Wingfixer »

Looks cool, how is the weight?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Re: Aprilia RVX 450

Post by Granville »

Wingfixer wrote:Looks cool, how is the weight?
Thanks, It definitely weighs more than my 450EXC, but you don't really feel it because it is so well balanced. The weight is all in the extra cylinder and that weight is low. It gives the bike a low center of gravity, which I liked. What impressed me was the speed. The engine revs almost as fast a 2-stroke and puts out over 50HP stock. It went from 20MPH to 35MPH in the blink of an eye. Too much for me or my son in the tight stuff.

The Aprilia reminds me of the Ferrari of dual sport bikes. It had that Italian styling and performance to boot. The bike is BIG. I'm 6'2".

By grandville75, shot with DSC-W5 at 2007-11-01
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.