I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Merry Christmas!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Merry Christmas!

Post by Rut Row »

Okay - anyone get a new bike for Christmas? :thumbsup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Daves08excr »

Merry xmas to all my DAMN friends. Yes i am getting a not so new bike friday or saterday trading my 06ltz400 quad for a 04 rmz 250f.I am going to set it up and give some harescambels and a couple of enduros a go next year.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Merry Christmas, DAMN!

I did not gat a new bike, but I did seize the opportunity to get out and appreciate the ones that I already have. Big Red got to leave the cave today, and buzz around the region to spread her wings for a while. Sometimes I almost forget what it's like to ride for fun rather than necessity. Even more, I forget what horsepower feels like.

Not so much an "adventure bike", but isn't all riding an adventure of sorts?

Starbucks, of course. Surprisingly open in Frederick today. (Drew, if you think that people will think you're a prick riding that Beemer, try pulling up to a coffee-shop on this DAMNed thing. Might as well have a vanity plate that reads "Pretentious, Snooty Jag-Hole".)

Around Araby Church Road.

Little Christmas wreath!

Monocacy area.

No crawfish allowed! I thought we were a more progressive, tolerant society now.

Christmas Triumph window shopping - something on my wishlist is in there...

Downtown Fredneck. Kind of abandoned today. Nice.

And the switcheroo at the end of the day.

Hope you all had a great day! Take care.... :)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

you shoulda scooted over and snagged the tag!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Kyler wrote:you shoulda scooted over and snagged the tag!

I suppose I could have shot out to Berkeley Springs in short order - had I checked DAMN before leaving the house. :wallbash:

Could have called it Turbo-Tag. :rickey:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Dude, the 999 is SWEET!! If you get over in the Berkeley Springs direction please give me a call, I am lusting pretty hard for a 1098, but I love all things Ducati.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Wingfixer wrote:Dude, the 999 is SWEET!! If you get over in the Berkeley Springs direction please give me a call, I am lusting pretty hard for a 1098, but I love all things Ducati.

Why? Now there's an 1198. :thumbup:

I asked for one for Xmas from Santa, but that jerk just blew me off apparently. I rode the 1098 - it's super nice. Not drastically different then the Triple 9, but the ergos are a whole different animal. It's very "tight", for lack of better term.

When the weather allows, I will have it out that way, and you can take a spin. I'm pretty liberal with who I toss the key to. :cheers:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I am loving the DAMN holiday banner. :lol2:

Merry Xmas to all.

:freakey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Teethgrinder wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:Dude, the 999 is SWEET!! If you get over in the Berkeley Springs direction please give me a call, I am lusting pretty hard for a 1098, but I love all things Ducati.

Why? Now there's an 1198. :thumbup:

I asked for one for Xmas from Santa, but that jerk just blew me off apparently. I rode the 1098 - it's super nice. Not drastically different then the Triple 9, but the ergos are a whole different animal. It's very "tight", for lack of better term.

When the weather allows, I will have it out that way, and you can take a spin. I'm pretty liberal with who I toss the key to. :cheers:
Looking forward to it, you can ride chase on the C14. Did you mean to say the 999 is less torturous than the 1098? I have ridden a buddies 1098, for a short distance, and didn't think it was very bad. I need to take one on an hour or so ride to see if the doc(s) did as good a job on the knee as they say. I always thought the 999 was a pretty tight fit, never sat on one.

Yeah the 1198 is sweet but the only thing that it holds for me is the hope that it will drive the price of the 1098's down a little.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.