I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Gun nuts

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Gun nuts

Post by phoo »

You register a gun so if it's used in a crime you are immediately guilty. Also so if they ever have to come to your house they "know to come with guns drawn."

Handguns and non-hunting rifles are supposed to be registered. Or something like that. Honestly, I also think it's horse shit. I just want to keep the world safe from paper zombies.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

Well your not guilty right away but they are going to rap on your door first.(with guns drawn) Most Law abiding citizen's like us would never use our guns to commit a crime anyway. But the Thieves will always have a gun that is not registered.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Really, but we make these laws to stop crime. With all these gun laws there wont be anymore gun related crime.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I found it... MD guns laws- no right to carry and registration for handguns. I don't know if that is new or old.

Now in PA we have a right to carry firearms. Nothing required to "open carry", no registration and of course the right to obtain CCW permit. :loveit:

At least for now... :dirtdog:
Bruce
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Toomey is ppuswching for national background checks right now. Call her and tell her NO.

Reigstration has been proven to be futile when prosecuting a felon

Haynes VS US 1968.

felon pleaded the fifth for not registering and won,LOL.. in 1969 a non felon pleaded the same and was found guilty, lol.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Know what registration means? Fees and taxes. And not just one time but annually from what I understand, on EACH gun, correct me if I'm wrong.

Dirtygrunt - there has been a concealed carry permit process for some time, is it going away?
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/mspfaq.htm

Can the transfer of a regulated firearm be conducted between two family members?
Yes, this type of transaction is considered a gift. The law stipulates, if the regulated firearm is a gift to the purchaser’s, spouse, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, or child, the recipient shall:
(1) Complete an application to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm; and
(2) Forward the application to the Secretary of the State Police within 5 days after receipt of the regulated firearm.

It's going to change after oct 1st
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

hondahawkrider wrote:http://www.mdgunsafety.com/mspfaq.htm

Can the transfer of a regulated firearm be conducted between two family members?
Yes, this type of transaction is considered a gift. The law stipulates, if the regulated firearm is a gift to the purchaser’s, spouse, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, or child, the recipient shall:
(1) Complete an application to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm; and
(2) Forward the application to the Secretary of the State Police within 5 days after receipt of the regulated firearm.

It's going to change after oct 1st
Not for out of state gifts only md to md
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

bonehead wrote:Toomey is ppuswching for national background checks right now. Call her and tell her NO.
:lol2: Him. Background checks are fine by me. They already exist and have for a while, they are trying to get them into gun shows. Private sales are a whole 'nother issue. It's "feel good" stuff.

stretchride wrote:Dirtygrunt - there has been a concealed carry permit process for some time, is it going away?
I'm in PA. Current law allows "open carry" and CCP "must be" issued, unless background check comes back bad.
Bruce
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

dirtygrunt wrote:
bonehead wrote:Toomey is ppuswching for national background checks right now. Call her and tell her NO.
:lol2: Him. Background checks are fine by me. They already exist and have for a while, they are trying to get them into gun shows. Private sales are a whole 'nother issue. It's "feel good" stuff.

stretchride wrote:Dirtygrunt - there has been a concealed carry permit process for some time, is it going away?
I'm in PA. Current law allows "open carry" and CCP "must be" issued, unless background check comes back bad.
Cool so you can wear a gun on your hip like Marshal Dillon?
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR