I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Places for kids to ride

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Places for kids to ride

Post by Skinny-J »

Skinny-J wrote:
phoo wrote:Sunday, 24 March any time after noon looks okay, then any weekend after that it looks like Sunday early afternoon works. Saturdays would have to be after 3p 'til whenever. Let me know what works for you.

Have you given them the four wheeler, yet?

~Patrick
Let me check with HQ but I think Sunday the 24 should work.

The four wheeler is for Carlie's B-day on 4/15. I am torn on giving it to her bc I am afraid in the short term it will end her motorcycle interest (and possibly Jason's as well), but as long as they are having fun I guess it doesn't really matter....

Phoo,

The 24th works until about 3 pm for us. If you think we would need more time, we are open on Sat the 6th or the 7th as well.

Thanks,
J
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Damage Inc. wrote:I'm taking my son Ian, also 9, to Breezewood Proving Grounds over the weekend of 03/31.
We'll be tent camping overnight. I don't know if they have any woods trails open. I've never been there before..?and they were closed last I called due to the weather.?
http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com/facilities.html
Breezewood has woods tracks, a kids track, and plenty of room to ride around. They have bathrooms, showers, food. Nice place. Dan is the owner.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

BillyGoat wrote:Breezewood has woods tracks, a kids track, and plenty of room to ride around. They have bathrooms, showers, food. Nice place. Dan is the owner.
Great.....but who's Dan?
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Damage Inc. wrote:
BillyGoat wrote:Breezewood has woods tracks, a kids track, and plenty of room to ride around. They have bathrooms, showers, food. Nice place. Dan is the owner.
Great.....but who's Dan?
Ah.....he's the owner? :shrug:

:peep:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Wingfixer wrote:
Damage Inc. wrote:
Great.....but who's Dan?
Ah.....he's the owner? :shrug:

:peep:
Thats what I was thinking!
dougmccabe
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dougmccabe »

Craig, bring her to the WATR Spring Trail Ride April 28 in King George Va. She will have a great time! Grass track just for kids and the big bikes have their own area. Camp out on Saturday night and ride all day Sunday.
2011 BMW F800GS
2010 Husaberg FE390
2016 Beta 250 EVO
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I took my son to Breezewood and it is now his favorite place. The kids track is just his size with some decent jumps and bowl turns. They also have a pee wee track for the beginners. The intermediate track was too muddy to ride and the expert was too intimidating for him to attempt.

The woods trail is CLOSED and it looks like they will not get permission to reopen.

We had a little trouble with his bike on Sat, but a very nice boyKeller) let him(Ian) ride his bike for awhile.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Damage...good to hear. That's a great picture! Did the other's figure out that Dan's the owner yet? Harharhar! :amazon:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
nj325e
DAMN n00b

Post by nj325e »

Is there any more news on a kids ride? My kids are itching to ride. The past two years we rode at trevorton but it seems things are off limits there until the AOAA park opens, so I am searching for new places to take them. They ride both dirtbikes and ATVs.
1999 GasGas EC250
1997 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
1995 Honda CR125R
2010 Yamaha TTR110
2011 Yamaha TTR110
1986 Yamaha YFM80
1985 Yamaha YFM80
1984 Suzuki JR50
OTTO
DAMN n00b

Post by OTTO »

nj325e wrote:Is there any more news on a kids ride? My kids are itching to ride. The past two years we rode at trevorton but it seems things are off limits there until the AOAA park opens, so I am searching for new places to take them. They ride both dirtbikes and ATVs.

Eagle Bay where the WATR Spring Trail Ride is is a great place for kids to learn and adults to tear it up on 14-15 miles of single track with a grass track as well..It is a yearly membership of $250 for the family. You can come down for a day to try it out for free and join if you want. Right now the price is $125 that covers the cost until Sept. Sorry no camping, only at Spring Trail Ride. Sorry no quads.... Just putt'in' it out there for you.

PM me or email if you want some more info.

Paul
Paul McN.
18 KTM 250 EXC-F
16 Honda Africa Twin