I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Need to lower my bike

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Need to lower my bike

Post by Pa_trailrider »

Im tired of falling over every time I stop in the wrong spot got to get it lowered. I know its good enterainment for everyone but its got to stop :boohoo:

I need suggestions where to get it lowered and how I should do it
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Need to lower my bike

Post by Firebolter »

Your new 300? Not a lot of options on the suspension side without penalty. Seat can buy you an inch, but you loose comfort. My new Berg is tall as well. There used to be a thingy for the PDS bikes called a x-bearing that was an offset bearing for the lower shock mount.
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

My old KTM 300 is way lower. Why dont we just trade...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

I'm going to ride it some first and hope it settles down a little before I do anything.
Right now I even have trouble getting on it without the kickstand down then after I'm on I cant put the stand up.
Its also impossible for me to use the kickstart with the kickstand up. :cheers:

I read somewhere that a shim could be put in the shock and lower the rear that way but I cant find it now. It said I would lose travel but everything else would be close to the same. I'm willing take it to a shop for valves and springs for my weight if they can lower it to.
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

Bucho wrote:My old KTM 300 is way lower. Why dont we just trade...

The payment comes with it...
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

go see ASR/Dual-Sport Armory - I'll bet he can help. He's the local suspension guru
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

Darwin, I feel your pain. I picked up a Husqvarna WR 125 a couple of months ago. I haven't dropped it only because it's so light. I've stepped off the low side several times in the yard and could catch it. At the Cove, it may have been on the ground.
W.E.R. has extensive experience helping vertically challenged fellas like us. Enjoy your new ride.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Just for the record, I have never had a problem flat footing any bike I've owned. :angel:

:amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mtd679 »

Kyler wrote:Just for the record, I have never had a problem flat footing any bike I've owned. :angel:

:amazon:
Thanks Ken, that's all we needed to hear. :dirtdog:

My riding ability may suck, but having a 29" inseam with a 38" seat height doesn't help much either
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mtd679 wrote:Thanks Ken, that's all we needed to hear. :dirtdog:

My riding ability may suck, but having a 29" inseam with a 38" seat height doesn't help much either
:hug:

My 450 has a 39" seat height now due to the Renazco seat - nobody even asks to try it anymore (since wingflopper broke off the kickstand)

I doubt your riding ability sucks any worse than mine. I reinforce that status regularly! :harhar:
Ken