I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Another group against us!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Another group against us!

Post by Grady »

I love the use of "abuse-ment parks" as a refrence to areas where poeple use "Thrillcraft"
http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Re: Another group against us!

Post by Daves08excr »

They are only showing one side of the story. What about the thousends of hours of trail work people all over the country do to maintain trails that i bet these guys us also.We are not all bad guys that don't care.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

It behooves us all to censor our rude compatriots lest that bad 10% cost us everything. Seriously, we have to quit being tolerant of the morons and idiots.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

I really liked the part in their Vision that says, "use of thrillcraft, and the lack of exercise that goes with it, can even be said to promotes the growing obesity problem in the country that burdens our health care systems." I guess non of these goof-balls have ever seen what we look like after a full day of riding! Let alone what many of us do to try to stay in shape so that we can ride better and safer. I looked around on their site to leave feedback, but they conveniently left that out.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

Kyler wrote:It behooves us all to censor our rude compatriots lest that bad 10% cost us everything. Seriously, we have to quit being tolerant of the morons and idiots.
+1000000000
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

Kyler wrote:their email is ckassar@biologicaldiversity.org
Thanks! I may remind them that every time one of their fellow hikers gets lost in the woods, it's usually some group on 4-wheelers or snow-mobiles that end up finding the lost fool.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

DINGO wrote:
Kyler wrote:their email is ckassar@biologicaldiversity.org
Thanks! I may remind them that every time one of their fellow hikers gets lost in the woods, it's usually some group on 4-wheelers or snow-mobiles that end up finding the lost fool.
Yup - I may email them myself but then if I do, my email may end up on their website paraphrased to suit their cause. SO maybe I won't. Too early for a decision like that.
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Ken, you're absolutely right about treating this group with some caution. They clearly have financial resources, intellectual resources, a willingness to "get involved" and they are almost 100% certainly politically active. I would hesitate to antagonize them with pro-MC or pro-motorsports language, especially since they demonstrate complete antagonism to these activities.

I feel strongly, however, that this group is running about a quart low on the dipstick for understanding how a participatory democracy works. A lot of their technical statements are askew as well. If you want to write, don't talk about motor sports, talk about how their ideals are anti-democratic, radical, and unscientific.

They also seem also pretty unaware of the hypocrisy of their statements. For example, they cite injuries and deaths. Parasailing, hang gliding, civil aviation, competitive horse jumping, mountaineering, off-piste snow sports, and rock climbing all have pretty horrendous per-capita injury & death rates, but they're not coming out against those things. Speaking of horses, they do an enormous amount of damage to trails.

If they REALLY wanted to save lives and improve the quality of life for a huge number of Americans, they'd come out against smoking and fast food, and speak up for exercise, and seat belt usage.

The group is clearly a bunch of grudge-holders that have lashed together enough numbers that look like statistics to support their hatred.

They really make my blood boil. Makes me wanna go out and buy a watercraft, just to piss them off. And I don't like watercraft.
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

Haven't written anything to them yet. You hit it on the nail the with the last reply. Like usual, I would have sat back and read my letter, then hit delete. I think their vision is too far out there to truly worry about them doing any real damage to our sport, but I still plan on keeping an eye on them from time to time.