I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rider injured

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Rider injured

Post by B DIRT »

Hey guys for those of you that know my step dad Denny, remember I sold him my 650L late in the winter. Anyhow he was riding the local mx track sunday and tried the big up hill double and didnt make it. He cased it hard went over the bars and got all fucked up. I took him to the hospital and he ended up with his left ankle fractured, right leg below the knee fractured and tore up his left knee that he had acl reconstrutive surgery on over the winter. Along with massive amounts of bruises and cuts, the doctor sad if he wouldnt have had all the gear on he had he probally would have broke his back. So unfortunetly hes probally out for the rest of the season. Just wanted to let you guys know that know him, what a said day because the man loves to ride. I forgot to mention his log on name is dawasher, here, advrider, and thumpertalk, Thanks
Last edited by B DIRT on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Rider injured

Post by Laoch »

Hey Brian-

Sorry to hear about dawasher. Sucks. Harder to heal when you get older.
Best wishes to him.

Better stick to trail riding.
Bruce
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

That's pretty bad news.

Jumping is one thing I just never got used to, and doubles scare the crap out of me since you can't exactly sneak up on it -- you either make it or you don't.

Heal fast, follow the doctors orders, do your physical therapy!

a
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

Hey you all... I'm still here :loveit: Just another bump in the road. Been a shitty 2008, but it aint over yet. I dont remember much about the crash, obviously I missed it a little :shrug:

Brian missed 2 things on the list, the mystery double puncture on the back of my hand (dime diameter and 1/4" deep) and the bike is OK except levers and maybe new bars. Screwed my new plastics up too. Had the knee MRI's today and get the results on Tueday.

Thanks for the ride Brian! :lol8:

Thanks for the "well wishes"

I'll be back :roost:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Get well Denny. My enthusiasm has been over riding my talent the last few times out. I feel your pain. :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

Good news on the knees. Just a fracture at the head of the tib, no torn parts = no surgeries :loveit:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

DaWasher wrote:Good news on the knees. Just a fracture at the head of the tib, no torn parts = no surgeries :loveit:
woHOO!!!! great news indeed! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

Leg cast is off... Hand is healed. Time for rehab. When's the next GR weekender :freakey:

thanks for all the cards, flowers, gifts, donations, strippers and concern :lol8:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

ah, so the Strip-o-gram did arrive!

Saturday, Oct 25th - GR - be there ready to :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris