I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

T Shirt Help

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

T Shirt Help

Post by Hare »

One of our club guys has a very nice machine for mass producing t shirts with graphics of our choice, problem is none of us have ever done it. Not a clue, well a we have had plenty of artwork and tshirts made but never done the actual work of applying the art to the shirt.

Have any of you DAMN guys or girls done this kind of work or know somebody that would be willing to help?

any suggestions comments welcomed

We will definately do a DAMN shirt once we get this figured out
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: T Shirt Help

Post by Ovo »

Hare I just had dinner with one of my xbox buddies, that just happened to be in Philly getting trainned on his new shirt printer. If you need some help Lee would be a great source and I'm sure could help you guys out. He is in NYC tomorrow and then flying back home to Cali. So not available till next week, but if you want I can send you his number...and of course I will let him know you are calling.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

What type of tshirt printing? Silk screen, sublimation, heat transfer?
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Really great to hear guys thank you thank you thank you!

I dont know much about the process, i think its silk screen but done through a machine. I know we have a choice of at least 8 colors, not that we want to go that far a nice 3-4 color would be fine.

As I understand its a $30K machine and has a large exhaust vent, like 6" thats about the limit of my knowledge right now, but i will talk to him on Monday and get the details. Anything special i need to ask?
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

worked in the t-shirt biz for 4yrs., screen printing t-shirts and signs close to 10yrs.. use to love doing that stuff. It's not really difficult to do. He'll need a way to print color separations if he doesn't already have that. Then a way to burn the screen...aka. transfer the image of the separations to the screens themselves. From that point, its just a matter of some ink, a squeegie and a dryer of some kind, whether its a self feeding belt drier or spot drier.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at piyip6 at yahoo.com as I seldom swing by the forum anymore. So this caught me skimming around.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

way cool i will email AND call, thanks guys!!!

someone needs to start working on a new DAMN shirt, go easy on us in these early rounds.