I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

nesba discriminates against Motards

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:42 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1245
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1070

Only allowed on Summit JC and Pocono now....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se

Roadracer_Al

Re: nesba discriminates against Motards

Post by Roadracer_Al » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:41 am

Sportbike Tracktime still allows them. I ran my DRZ with them at Summit Main about 2 months ago in the "beginner" group.

It was really, really stupid -- can you say "80+ mph closing speed"? I was nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Yet, it was insanely fun to pass big bikes in the carousel, and I wasn't even riding that hard.

I think NESBA is going about it in a completely undisciplined, poorly-worded manner, however. It's their prerogative to allow/ban any MC or rider they see fit. However, if they're citing low top speed as the ONLY (publicly-announced) reason, then they need to ban low-top-speed bikes, not SuMo bikes. Period.

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Roadracer_Al wrote:Sportbike Tracktime still allows them. I ran my DRZ with them at Summit Main about 2 months ago in the "beginner" group.

It was really, really stupid -- can you say "80+ mph closing speed"? I was nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Yet, it was insanely fun to pass big bikes in the carousel, and I wasn't even riding that hard.

I think NESBA is going about it in a completely undisciplined, poorly-worded manner, however. It's their prerogative to allow/ban any MC or rider they see fit. However, if they're citing low top speed as the ONLY (publicly-announced) reason, then they need to ban low-top-speed bikes, not SuMo bikes. Period.
Of all my on track experiences, NESBA was always the worst.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:51 pm

The previously-mentioned SBTT event was actually my first and only "track day" event -- all my other hours on track were either racing days or Roger Lyle racers-only track days.

Speaking of Roger, he is now doing "open-to-civilians" track days, and I'd really like to see him succeed, Roger's one of the good guys.

I was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and tone of the SBTT day -- very low-key, the event was well-organized, they had a tire truck, the control riders were friendly, didn't seem to give anyone a hard time. One control rider even complimented me, which I found pretty flattering.

I was still racing when NESBA was organized, and I knew a couple guys that attended their track days for additional practice. It quickly gained a reputation for not only harboring, but catering to squids. IIRC, the owner was a loose cannon, and would run at full-race pace/race aggression in the middle of the beginner session.... again, IIRC, he caused more than a couple crashes.