I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

nesba discriminates against Motards

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1245
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1070

Only allowed on Summit JC and Pocono now....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Roadracer_Al

Re: nesba discriminates against Motards

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Sportbike Tracktime still allows them. I ran my DRZ with them at Summit Main about 2 months ago in the "beginner" group.

It was really, really stupid -- can you say "80+ mph closing speed"? I was nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Yet, it was insanely fun to pass big bikes in the carousel, and I wasn't even riding that hard.

I think NESBA is going about it in a completely undisciplined, poorly-worded manner, however. It's their prerogative to allow/ban any MC or rider they see fit. However, if they're citing low top speed as the ONLY (publicly-announced) reason, then they need to ban low-top-speed bikes, not SuMo bikes. Period.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Sportbike Tracktime still allows them. I ran my DRZ with them at Summit Main about 2 months ago in the "beginner" group.

It was really, really stupid -- can you say "80+ mph closing speed"? I was nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Yet, it was insanely fun to pass big bikes in the carousel, and I wasn't even riding that hard.

I think NESBA is going about it in a completely undisciplined, poorly-worded manner, however. It's their prerogative to allow/ban any MC or rider they see fit. However, if they're citing low top speed as the ONLY (publicly-announced) reason, then they need to ban low-top-speed bikes, not SuMo bikes. Period.
Of all my on track experiences, NESBA was always the worst.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

The previously-mentioned SBTT event was actually my first and only "track day" event -- all my other hours on track were either racing days or Roger Lyle racers-only track days.

Speaking of Roger, he is now doing "open-to-civilians" track days, and I'd really like to see him succeed, Roger's one of the good guys.

I was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and tone of the SBTT day -- very low-key, the event was well-organized, they had a tire truck, the control riders were friendly, didn't seem to give anyone a hard time. One control rider even complimented me, which I found pretty flattering.

I was still racing when NESBA was organized, and I knew a couple guys that attended their track days for additional practice. It quickly gained a reputation for not only harboring, but catering to squids. IIRC, the owner was a loose cannon, and would run at full-race pace/race aggression in the middle of the beginner session.... again, IIRC, he caused more than a couple crashes.