I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Motorcyclist dies while protesting helmet law

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Motorcyclist dies while protesting helmet law

Post by Laoch »

Stupid is as stupid does, or something.

Anyhooo...PA law is that helmets must meet (FMVSS) 218 wrt "DOT". The standard exists; the problem IMHO is enforcement.

We already live in a nanny state- speed limits, seat belts, wipers on when it's raining, no cell phones, etc, etc. All traffic control and regulations are part of it, why should one group be exempt? It's a fine line. I've done two papers for school on this topic in the past year, there are some interesting statistics and studies out there.

Due to the large increase in deaths since the helmet law repeal, PA is now considering bringing the helmet law back.

It's ironic- when I started riding PA was a helmet state and MD wasn't.
Bruce
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Why does everything need to be idiot proof? They'll just build a better idiot. Balance a budget or something, and get off of my ass. Keep it simple, be responsible or pay the price. He payed his, didn't he?
I wear mine because I want to, not because I have to. In MD and PA, on the road,and in the dirt.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

frogman1981 wrote:... They'll just build a better idiot.

:lol2:
Bruce
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

dirtygrunt wrote:
frogman1981 wrote:... They'll just build a better idiot.

:lol2:
X2
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

frogman1981 wrote:Why does everything need to be idiot proof? They'll just build a better idiot.
Thats sig worthy... :lol2:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

actually, we are weakening the gene pool by making things idiot proof therefore giving the idiots a chance to reproduce and continue there idiotic strain
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Here's a nanny state idea, just ban the automatic transmission. That would rid the streets of 90% of the idiots. If you can text and shift in bumper to bumper traffic, go for it.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

frogman1981 wrote:Here's a nanny state idea, just ban the automatic transmission. That would rid the streets of 90% of the idiots. If you can text and shift in bumper to bumper traffic, go for it.
Nice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

frogman1981 wrote:Here's a nanny state idea, just ban the automatic transmission. That would rid the streets of 90% of the idiots. If you can text and shift in bumper to bumper traffic, go for it.
Plus you'll start to see people with really strong left legs! The main reason I gave in a bought a automatic was my DAMN leg got to be twice the size of my right! :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris