I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Peters Mill/tasker Gap

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Peters Mill/tasker Gap

Post by Laoch »

I've been looking at the reports and Robs info and trying to decide if I should take Jr down there. He likes GR, but at times the rocks are frustrating.

Are there easier, less rocky trails?
Camping?
Anything else?
thanks.
Bruce
Bruce
FOX8505

Re: Peters Mill/tasker Gap

Post by FOX8505 »

I'ts a lot larger than GR and you can get turned around quite easy. for the most part it is covered in rocks. personally GR is quicker, and has a more enjoyable feel to it. I don't think taskers has camping.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I think that would be a cruel joke taking your son to Tasker's Gap b/c Greenridge is too rocky.

There are few trails at Taskers that are rockgardens.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

There is camping at the Little Fort Campground at the north end of Peters Mill Run. The main trail/dirt road of PMR is about the same as GR but there are some extremely rocky side trails. On the TG side there is very little trail that isn't rocky except for one dirt road down in the valley that I think your son would really enjoy. All things considered, its hard to recommend PMR/TG unless one enjoys riding in the rocks.

Have looked into Mountain Ridge? It's about 80 miles west of you off of PA 30. I've never been, but I've heard from a few sources that it is a good riding area with both technical and non-technical trail riding.
gtop

Post by gtop »

Breezewood Proving Grounds is a great place to take kids. They have a kids only motocross track. A family trail loop and a kids trail loops. Plus they have a trail called the Perimeter Trail which if I remember corrctly is about 7 miles long. I take my 12 year old up there and she loves it on her 85
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Thanks for the heads up and tips. I'll check out both areas.

Bruce
Bruce