I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RRob - Get Serious about your training course!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

RRob - Get Serious about your training course!

Post by Rut Row »

Rob - you need to do some work on your backyard training course dude! :whoop:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: RRob - Get Serious about your training course!

Post by Bucho »

How about for starters, we save all old tires (motorbikes, cars, trucks...) for contribution to jumps and other obstacles.

Rob needs a nice table top. About a hundred tires w/ a few truckloads of dirt and we'll really have something...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

We need someone with one of these little Cats - we'd have his place in shape in no time!

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:Rob - you need to do some work on your backyard training course dude!
You need to do some serious work on my practice track. :poser:

Come back with the EXC so I can show you the harder stuff. You fell over so many times on the easy trail, while riding my bike, I didn't even want to suggest log hopping or the dry creek bed/rock garden or the big hill climb or the mud bog or the neighbors' MX track. Once you can ride all that stuff "clean", we'll practice riding it fast! After you buy the best street legal enduro ever made, I don't want to hear any excuses. :nono:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:You need to do some serious work on my practice track. :poser:
:lol8: I do suck, don't I? :huh:
RRob wrote:Come back with the EXC so I can show you the harder stuff. You fell over so many times on the easy trail, while riding my bike, I didn't even want to suggest log hopping or the dry creek bed/rock garden or the big hill climb or the mud bog or the neighbors' MX track. Once you can ride all that stuff "clean", we'll practice riding it fast! After you buy the best street legal enduro ever made, I don't want to hear any excuses. :nono:
Which day(s) are you free 4th of July weekend? :ride: I am ready to learn!
and I do have to admit I was pretty sore from falling over so much. :knary:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Oh crap, we didn't even ride the hard stuff?

That was really fun but dangerous. I had sort of forgotten that my DR is a dirtbike, but its a 320lb dirtbike, w/ gearing way too tall for the tight stuff. I'm trying to convince myself that I dont need a KDX or something...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:I'm trying to convince myself that I dont need a KDX or something...
You won't get any help here! :whoop:
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Phil, I had the lowest sprocket set I own on my DRZ for the fiasco at Timberline, and I was still way, way over-geared. I'm amazed I still had a functional clutch at the end of the day.

You don't need a KDX, you need a WR250 or a WR450. Electric start. Nice mellow thumper power. Mmmm. A little heavier than I'd like at 260/271 lbs respectively -- and what did they do, add lead to it?! the motox bikes weight 240 lbs.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You are probably right Al, but I think this is one of those things I have to learn for myself.
For a while I have wanted a two-stroke bike. One of the KTM EXC/XC-Ws, or in the name of cheapness a KDX.
I was playing around a little on Rob's beater CR250 and I kinda liked it on his tight trails. I sort of ran out of time that day and would have liked to mess around w/ it more.

HOWEVER, I really shouldn't be spending money on another bike. If I did I would have to keep it at Ken's house.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:HOWEVER, I really shouldn't be spending money on another bike. If I did I would have to keep it at Ken's house.
I know that feeling. Have been thinking about having KTM farkles sent to your house! and the garage is big enough for more bikes - feel free to store one or two here!
Ken