I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MOTO GP 2010: a shitf pictoral of round 11, indy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
shift

MOTO GP 2010: a shitf pictoral of round 11, indy

Post by shift »

DISCLAIMER: names and faces have been omitted to protect the guilty. (and some of us were perty DAMN guilty)

public signings by lorenzo and simoncelli:

friday night in downtown indy was wild. i skipped on pictures within the clubs for the sake of the guilty, who were a blast to hang with. sorry, just tame stuff here. lol

big thanks to zxr8td and his boy for the paddock hook up. these guys know how to roll at races. we had to be crafty, but it paid off.

i'll skip lots of general pictures and just post the riders we bumped into during the day. some riders are in a hurry and don't stop for sigs, etc, and some are cool and hook you up. saw some very famous peeps back here. and wouldn't you know, i only had my camera phone and the battery dies shortly after getting in, due to being out all night and not getting to my charger.

the ohlins moto gp garage: the sickest suspension a bike can get comes from this place.

we were catching gp riders going to their pits for saturday's qualifying. i'm a bit shy, so i didn't push any riders for a photo with them. maybe next year i'll have sig pics ready and get photos too.

dovizioso:

capirossi:

hayden slipping by everyone hardly noticed:

edwards on his retro scoot:

stoner:

and as i snapped a shot of stoner (who i don't really care for) my friend's girl says "there goes lorenzo!" i turn to see him ripping by on his scooter, not slowing for anything. so i did what any good crazed fan would do -- i gave chase in a full sprint yelling "LORENZOOOO.... I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABYYYYYY!!!!!!!" ok, maybe i didn't quite yell that. but i did catch up to squeeze out 2 unexciting shots of him.

and the last shot before my phone died -- marco "fonzarelli" simoncelli. dude is super cool.

unfortunately, i missed lots of great pictures after this. oh well. i'll be more prepared for laguna and indy next year.

leon took lots of great pics with his nice ass camera. i have to get a copy of his pics. he got one of the moto 2 rider who crashed and had a race fuel blaze down the track. i'll try to get those and post 'em up.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: MOTO GP 2010: a shitf pictoral of round 11, indy

Post by Firebolter »

Here's my favorite shot I took all weekend..........Okay, I'm a ansel adams wanna be......

Some of the turn 1 shots from my seat in Penthouse B. Definitely lots of action and some of the best seats at Indy for the action. Last half of the straight and turns 1-4. This is the start of the Moto2 race that didn't go so well after this corner

Okay's here's turn 2, the carnage starts--pics about every ~1-2 secs 200mm lens zoomed out form my seat

Finally the safety car shows up

How did that get in there? :brows: Very artistic and well composed if I say myself! No cropping or touch up, as shot! :eats:

Right before the GP, they had a C-130 do a fly by down the straight

And the Red Bull Skydivers do a thing too............

Lots of cool bikes---