I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Play my game

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Play my game

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:Three of you Day Glow fuckers?! Jesus Christ! All group rides are cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!

If nothing else Teethgrinder, Ken and Al are forbidden from riding together. We have a DAMN image to maintain. :nono:

Sheesh. I need a drink. :cheers:
:poser:

You've heard of the Dough Boys? well, we are the Glow Boys! :harhar:

And don't forget we are mighty handy to have around after dark ... as a light source... :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

I was hesitant about the crazy bright jacket, and even after purchase, I even found it hard to look at in my own mirrors on the way home. But... every single jackass on the road seemed to see me, evidenced by the fact that they were all looking at me.

Mission accomplished. :lol2:

If there is a big DAMN ride one day, we'll just have to make sure to break up the bright yellow. All in one place could be overwhelming, I think. :rickey:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I guess none of you has noticed how disgusting my yellow Dainese looks after years of bugs, mud, oil, grime, road grease, funk, and just plain old dirt. :shrug:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Though I sometimes miss my past days of BMWs with huge saddlebags, I've grown accustomed to the whole "travel light, freezed at night" philosophy of touring.

The only things I would add:

Some sort of neckwarmer. Maybe my gear is drafty around the neck but I bring one on trips even in the summer. Elevation changes or a cool storm front and its suddenly 20 degrees colder then you expect. Or for that first hour or last hour of riding when cold its a livesaver for me. I usually pack a thermal top for the same reason.

Not exactly necessary but I have a small faceshield cleaning kit that I have grown to love. I hate riding through a swarm of big country bugs and have nothing to clean it w/ at my next rest stop.

I always pack a pair of rugged sandals. I usually wear heavy boots that suck for casual walking around/hiking whatever. A pair of sandals will pack way tighter then sneakers and be almost as comfortable for walking. They don't need to dry out, so you can wade into that roadside creek for a cool break midday or wear them as shower shoes if need be.

I also tend to carry a some sort of weapon, a good fixed blade knife or something, but I'm probably paranoid...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Bucho wrote:
I always pack a pair of rugged sandals. I usually wear heavy boots that suck for casual walking around/hiking whatever. A pair of sandals will pack way tighter then sneakers and be almost as comfortable for walking. They don't need to dry out, so you can wade into that roadside creek for a cool break midday or wear them as shower shoes if need be.

I also tend to carry a some sort of weapon, a good fixed blade knife or something, but I'm probably paranoid...
I pack a pair of low-top Converse Chuck Taylors. Silly, but they fold flat to the sole, so they take up no room at all. I won't reall be hiking on this trip , so my Sidi B2's and the All-Stars will suffice.

And... my hands are registered deadly weapons in 14 states. I will rely on my wits and 70 years of Kung Fu training in the mountains of China with Shaolin monks to get me by. Failing that, my trusty brass knuckles are never far.
:brows:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Failing that, my trusty brass knuckles are never far.
ooohhhh! That sounds like something our resident DAMN mad mechanical scientist could whip up in his secret Glenmont work shop. :shock: It could be secret DAMN protective gear. :mrgreen:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Do you need a pair Mike? I've a few (I've confiscated) kicking around.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Bucho wrote:Do you need a pair Mike? I've a few (I've confiscated) kicking around.
I deny any mention of any alleged brass knuckles. My computer may have been hacked (conceivable), and some ne'redowell posted in my name. This also applies to any future reference to alleged straight-razors and blackjacks.
:peep:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Bucho wrote:Do you need a pair Mike? I've a few (I've confiscated) kicking around.
Sure. :twisted:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

When you score the alleged brass knuckles, we can augment them with some carbide ice-racing studs.

Ooooh. That'd leave a mark.

Got any switch blades lying around??? :deal:

And, yea, I'm on the fence about the day-glow green. I kinda like it, it's kinda obnoxious, but it's really a good jacket. They DO come in gray, as well...