I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Malachi Crunch!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Teethgrinder

The Malachi Crunch!

Post by Teethgrinder »

I decided to be ride the Big Red Bike to work today. Since the VStrom purchase, it's been neglected, so I wanted to make sure it knew it was still my Number One Gun - however unforgiving and nervous it may be. On the way home, the idiot light told me I needed fuel, so I stopped in Germantown to get rid of the light.
On the way back to 270 on Rt 27, I was in the middle lane of 3 (between 355 and 270). In front of me on my left was a little black car. In front of me on my right was a little silver car. As I cracked throttle to pass between them and go about my business, both cars decided that they wanted to change lanes at the same time - into the middle lane. I saw the motion in time and shut the throttle and threw out the hooks. Right then, silver car and black car banged doors a la NASCAR, then bounced back into their respective original lanes, looking at each other in that slack-jawed way that drivers who've never looked out their side windows do. Once they both stopped (blocking not one but two lanes), I shot past and saw the crumpled doors and silent yelling at each other.
I hate cars like poison sometimes. Do you know how much it would have cost to replace BOTH sides of the Triple 9? More numbers than I can type without skeefing all of DAMNs bandwidth, probably. Not to mention the cost of new legs. I should thank the Eye-talians in writing for Brembo brakes and discs as big as an extra large pizza. Mama Mia! Didn't that happen to The Fonz at some point?

Watch out for cars. They're after you. :nono:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: The Malachi Crunch!

Post by mdubya »

Teethgrinder wrote:I decided to be ride the Big Red Bike to work today. Since the VStrom purchase, it's been neglected, so I wanted to make sure it knew it was still my Number One Gun - however unforgiving and nervous it may be. On the way home, the idiot light told me I needed fuel, so I stopped in Germantown to get rid of the light.
On the way back to 270 on Rt 27, I was in the middle lane of 3 (between 355 and 270). In front of me on my left was a little black car. In front of me on my right was a little silver car. As I cracked throttle to pass between them and go about my business, both cars decided that they wanted to change lanes at the same time - into the middle lane. I saw the motion in time and shut the throttle and threw out the hooks. Right then, silver car and black car banged doors a la NASCAR, then bounced back into their respective original lanes, looking at each other in that slack-jawed way that drivers who've never looked out their side windows do. Once they both stopped (blocking not one but two lanes), I shot past and saw the crumpled doors and silent yelling at each other.
I hate cars like poison sometimes. Do you know how much it would have cost to replace BOTH sides of the Triple 9? More numbers than I can type without skeefing all of DAMNs bandwidth, probably. Not to mention the cost of new legs. I should thank the Eye-talians in writing for Brembo brakes and discs as big as an extra large pizza. Mama Mia! Didn't that happen to The Fonz at some point?

Watch out for cars. They're after you. :nono:
Wow. Glad I don't live in Germantown anymore. :-o If the car drivers don't get ya', they over zealous 5-0 will. Glad you made it through that one unscathed, Scott.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Not nearly as glad as I am. I've grown fond of my femurs and fibulas over the years.
:lol2:

I am also very happy to have moved from there. Frederick and the surrounding area is far superior in so many ways.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Dayum. Good reactions.
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Yeah. What I lack in "go", I make up for in "stop". :thumbup: