I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Just One More...Really..

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Teethgrinder

Just One More...Really..

Post by Teethgrinder »

The ride to Pennsylvania with Ken today really put me over my "initial service" mileage on the Vstrom. Well -that, and the other 450 miles I was over. So I broke from Ken back in Frederick to stop at the 'Zuki dealer to get filters and oil to do both the DL and the DRZ, who was also a few miles overdue. After picking up my supplies, and stopping at the auto-parts store to get a waste-oil tub, I went to my super-secret motorbike vault (storage unit) to catch up on my maintenance. I did my usual 3 Card Monte routine to move machines in and out of the unit, changed oils and filters, tighened the chain on the DL, checked bolts, etc. It's a real pain in the ass not having a garage.
:x

After finishing, I moved everyone out to straighten up my tiny storage space, and was pleased to see such a sight...

I hate to see the DRZ go, as it looks nice there with it's mates, contributing to the combined 2050 CCs of happiness. I started them all up at once (call me silly, I know), and was treated to a symphony of combustion that made me genuinely smile.
:rickey:

Anyone else have stable photos to share?
Last edited by Teethgrinder on Sat May 17, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Just One More...Really..

Post by Rut Row »

No, but the Duc needs to be ridden. I'll sacrifice myself and take it out for a lap or two! :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:No, but the Duc needs to be ridden. I'll sacrifice myself and take it out for a lap or two! :cheers:
Any time, sir. Just be sure to bring all of your available cojones - she's a very, very demanding lady, and will test one's cojone-level!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Erin went for a short ride today, left in sunshine and soon began getting rained on. I had all the bike lined up in the driveway. Thought I get a picture also.
At the moment I'm getting by w/ 6 cylinders and 1775 CCs of happiness.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Erin is already considering a bigger street bike.
I'm all for her (and myself) buying more bikes, but I don't know where we are going to put them.
I need to move somewhere w/ a garage or a ground level room I can easily drive them into.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

You still need to try the VStrom. It's also friendly enough for a moto-lady. Lets get all of these machines in one place and have an allyoucaneat buffet day.
:ride:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:You still need to try the VStrom. It's also friendly enough for a moto-lady. Lets get all of these machines in one place and have an allyoucaneat buffet day.
:ride:
As long as we do it far away from a dealership and a bank - I'd end up telling momma "look what I found beside the road!" :nono:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Yes. I might not come back with your KLR, and you'd be a-hoofin' it to Canada.
:ride: <---- KLR Stealer.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thats not a bad idea for a nice day when there are no other rides.

1. We each set up and lead a "relatively" short road ride.

2. For each other's ride, we have to swap to a different bike.

3. Help each other shuffle our bikes back to respective garages/sheds/storage units at the end of the day.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm game. However I can't imagine many people wanting to ride my green pig! :harhar:

That Duc would get a workout tho :ride:
Ken