I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Just One More...Really..

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Teethgrinder

Just One More...Really..

Post by Teethgrinder » Sat May 17, 2008 7:53 pm

The ride to Pennsylvania with Ken today really put me over my "initial service" mileage on the Vstrom. Well -that, and the other 450 miles I was over. So I broke from Ken back in Frederick to stop at the 'Zuki dealer to get filters and oil to do both the DL and the DRZ, who was also a few miles overdue. After picking up my supplies, and stopping at the auto-parts store to get a waste-oil tub, I went to my super-secret motorbike vault (storage unit) to catch up on my maintenance. I did my usual 3 Card Monte routine to move machines in and out of the unit, changed oils and filters, tighened the chain on the DL, checked bolts, etc. It's a real pain in the ass not having a garage.
:x

After finishing, I moved everyone out to straighten up my tiny storage space, and was pleased to see such a sight...

I hate to see the DRZ go, as it looks nice there with it's mates, contributing to the combined 2050 CCs of happiness. I started them all up at once (call me silly, I know), and was treated to a symphony of combustion that made me genuinely smile.
:rickey:

Anyone else have stable photos to share?
Last edited by Teethgrinder on Sat May 17, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Just One More...Really..

Post by Rut Row » Sat May 17, 2008 8:03 pm

No, but the Duc needs to be ridden. I'll sacrifice myself and take it out for a lap or two! :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder » Sat May 17, 2008 8:15 pm

DAMNKLRRider wrote:No, but the Duc needs to be ridden. I'll sacrifice myself and take it out for a lap or two! :cheers:
Any time, sir. Just be sure to bring all of your available cojones - she's a very, very demanding lady, and will test one's cojone-level!

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Wed May 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Erin went for a short ride today, left in sunshine and soon began getting rained on. I had all the bike lined up in the driveway. Thought I get a picture also.
At the moment I'm getting by w/ 6 cylinders and 1775 CCs of happiness.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Wed May 21, 2008 9:35 pm

Erin is already considering a bigger street bike.
I'm all for her (and myself) buying more bikes, but I don't know where we are going to put them.
I need to move somewhere w/ a garage or a ground level room I can easily drive them into.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder » Thu May 22, 2008 8:52 pm

You still need to try the VStrom. It's also friendly enough for a moto-lady. Lets get all of these machines in one place and have an allyoucaneat buffet day.
:ride:

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri May 23, 2008 7:40 am

Teethgrinder wrote:You still need to try the VStrom. It's also friendly enough for a moto-lady. Lets get all of these machines in one place and have an allyoucaneat buffet day.
:ride:
As long as we do it far away from a dealership and a bank - I'd end up telling momma "look what I found beside the road!" :nono:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder » Fri May 23, 2008 8:26 am

Yes. I might not come back with your KLR, and you'd be a-hoofin' it to Canada.
:ride: <---- KLR Stealer.

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 am

Thats not a bad idea for a nice day when there are no other rides.

1. We each set up and lead a "relatively" short road ride.

2. For each other's ride, we have to swap to a different bike.

3. Help each other shuffle our bikes back to respective garages/sheds/storage units at the end of the day.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri May 23, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm game. However I can't imagine many people wanting to ride my green pig! :harhar:

That Duc would get a workout tho :ride:
Ken