I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

gentle little trail ride

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

gentle little trail ride

Post by mdubya »

[GoogleVideoNum]<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" flashvars="" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw ... 9696&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>[/GoogleVideoNum]

OK Google embed didn't work so well..... :shrug:

Try this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4915389696
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: gentle little trail ride

Post by Rut Row »

fixed it

[googlevideo]<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" flashvars="" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw ... 9696&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>[/googlevideo]

and I can see you 'n RRob doing this! :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Sweet Baby Jebus!

That's amazing. I was in up until the Rat Hole.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I think RRob enjoys that really gnarly stuff more than I do. There is some pretty scenery there, but when you have to get off and carry the bike, that's where you lose me. The zip line looked pretty fun though. :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

check out the hill climbs in this one!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

designed by a sadist, ridden by masochists! :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

That's so cool that Travis Pastrana finished.

And that an HP2 was entered, although seeing Karl's Diner, there's absolutely no way it would make it through that. If I had $20k lying around gathering dust, I'd get an one.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Roadracer_Al wrote:That's so cool that Travis Pastrana finished.

And that an HP2 was entered, although seeing Karl's Diner, there's absolutely no way it would make it through that. If I had $20k lying around gathering dust, I'd get an one.
Check out part one where they interview Travis, McGrath, and a host of other names. TP says something to the effect of "I wouldn't call this fun, it is a kind of fun, but not what I would call fun." When you see the best enduro riders in the world tumbling backwards down the first hill climb, you know it is going to be tough. :deal:

There was at least one HP2 and a KTM Super Enduro too. I am pretty sure JKnowledge could handle the whole course. :bow:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Video one: At first I was kind of turned off by all the ropes and tunnels, but once I realized it was a multi-day team event where the object is to get your whole team to the finish it all made sense. I think a team event like that would be a lot of fun. Too bad they don't do stuff like that here in the US. (Crazy idea: Pick team captains and do our own informal version-one lap around Taskers through the hard stuff!)

Video two: Wow, that might be the coolest event ever. Did you catch the announcer saying "There's Jeremy McGrath. Hating life. He prefers Supercross." :harhar: At my skill and fitness level, many of those obstacles would be insurmountable but a scaled down version that I could just barely finish would be fun. Maybe one of y'all will come with me to the Timberline, WV harescramble race on June 21. I'll enter and race (and struggle for sure) but I need someone to help me load the pieces onto the truck when its over. :deal:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I was inspired to post the Erzberg vid after catching Nitro Circus on Fuel TV. Pastrana said he actually fell asleep at one point during the race, from pure exhaustion, not from hitting his head.

I have been thinking about the Timberline Harescrambles since getting the KTM. Unfortunately, I think I have to go to a wedding on the 21st. :roll:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC