I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wet but happy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Wet but happy

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I was wondering if you got caught in that. Maybe we should have wrapped up a little earlier instead of chin-wagging about kicking guy's asses. :amazon:

My most waterproof set of rain pants came from a Tractor Supply Co., and were basically stall-mucking bibs. They were super-heavy rubberized cotton, and had a continuous bib up to about mid-chest. The main downside, aside from weight and stiffness, was that the ankles were essentially bell-bottom shaped, and flapped horribly in the wind. I added two pairs of the tiny little bungie cords around the ankles and just above the boot, which solved the problem.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Wet but happy

Post by Bucho »

The aerostich isn't too bad in the rain. I wash it once a year w/ a waterproof treatment.

It was pretty warm making my way through traffic out to the highway and I had the flaps near the hips open, (not really vents but for being able to access your pants pockets underneath). With such heavy pouring rain, it started running down my torso and right into the open flaps. It wasn't cold so I didn't bother shutting them. Also I didn't want to pull over and have some donkey run into me b/c "he couldn't see me."
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200