I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

DS Camping Trip - aug 22-23rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
AccidentalWheelie

Re: DS Camping Trip?

Post by AccidentalWheelie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:17 pm

From Baltimore??thats like 205 miles/4 hrs ouch!!! i have BaBooN Azz just thinking about....i guess nevermind my new D606 wouldnt like it either :boohoo:
Kyler wrote:
AccidentalWheelie wrote:id be down if i get my hitch hauler or makeshift boat trailer ready in time... i have a DAMN Yukon not a truck
:nono: no trucks - youse gotta ride it there! :dirtdog:

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm

AccidentalWheelie wrote:From Baltimore??thats like 205 miles/4 hrs ouch!!! i have BaBooN Azz just thinking about....i guess nevermind my new D606 wouldnt like it either :boohoo:
Kyler wrote:
AccidentalWheelie wrote:id be down if i get my hitch hauler or makeshift boat trailer ready in time... i have a DAMN Yukon not a truck
:nono: no trucks - youse gotta ride it there! :dirtdog:
okay - you can leave your truck at my place :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:27 pm

lol ok are you calling your place the last local check point

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:31 pm

AccidentalWheelie wrote:lol ok are you calling your place the last local check point
yup - parking here for those that need to leave a vehicle
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 pm

always wondered what my xr would look like with a 30 pack,a hammock and a bag of beef jerky would look like :hi5: :freakey: :kumbaya:

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Here's some thoughts

I'm not interested in a solid 8-hour ride there so an alternative would be a faster route to the fun roads then ...

someone else play with it a while.

Big Bend Campground

Reservable - The River Loop sites and the Double Campsites are reserveable. Reservations can be made online or by calling (877) 444-6777.
Attachments
DS-Camp-Ride.gdb
(245.11 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Ken

code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Two things... my niece is flying in from Ca. those dates to visit with the family. I'm not intending on seeing her but one weekend out of the two. However, I need to find out what her plans are before making reservations and saying I'm definitely in. So I'll let you guys know.

Secondly...are you guys wanting this to be an xt style trip or a strom style trip? If it's going to all be doable on the strom, I'll take that. Otherwise I'll putz along on the xt (may have to switch out gears so I can get above 50mph on the DAMN thing though :poser: ). Either way, (if I can get free from family stuff) I'm not going to trailer to ken's. I may not be fast on the off-road stuff, but my ass can handle the ride on either bike. :ride:

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:09 pm

code wrote:Two things... my niece is flying in from Ca. those dates to visit with the family. I'm not intending on seeing her but one weekend out of the two. However, I need to find out what her plans are before making reservations and saying I'm definitely in. So I'll let you guys know.

Secondly...are you guys wanting this to be an xt style trip or a strom style trip? If it's going to all be doable on the strom, I'll take that. Otherwise I'll putz along on the xt (may have to switch out gears so I can get above 50mph on the DAMN thing though :poser: ). Either way, (if I can get free from family stuff) I'm not going to trailer to ken's. I may not be fast on the off-road stuff, but my ass can handle the ride on either bike. :ride:
My original vision was a Strom/KLR type of ride - but I will put street knobbies on for the gravel - I have a set of MT-21s for the spare rims.

We can always split the group in 2 and let the ADV Motard guys go their won way and meet at the campground.
Ken

code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:46 pm

am fine doing gravel for however long on the strom, and short durations like hawbottom, but if a majority of the ride was going to be gravel / dirt / hawbottom style roads then I'd consider the xt over the strom.

B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 pm

hey ken can you give me some idea where in the hell this is gonna be Im lost :bandit:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)